Even in moderate seas, it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost, meaning that seconds count in a man overboard situation.
This Personal Man Overboard Beacon with integral GPS has dual alert capabilities via Automatic Identification System (AIS) & Digital Selective Calling (DSC).
It automatically activates upon inflation of your lifejacket and, unlike a personal locator beacon, which signals orbiting search and rescue satellites, the AISLink sends an alert message within seconds to all local vessels (up to 5 miles away) with an AIS receiver and/or AIS-enabled plotter.
The unit also has the ability to alert your crew to the emergency by activating the DSC alarm on your vessel’s VHF.
The integrated GPS quickly pinpoints a precise location & transmits this, along with MOB emergency messages as part of the AIS alert enabling the crew to find and retrieve the casualty.
• Ultra bright LED strobe light
• High-impact housing - withstands a drop to water of 20m
• Simple life jacket integration
• Manual or Automatic activation
• 24+ hours operational life, 7 year battery life
• Three test modes; Functional, DSC and AIS/GPS
• 10m waterproof
• Operational Temperature Range: -20°C to +55°C
• Size: 115x46x27mm, Weight: 92g
• 5 year warranty.