A battery switch that senses when the batteries need charging
- Incorporates the same auto charging functionality as the BEP VSR
- Dual battery sensing
- Remote emergency parallel function: the 701-MDVS and 720-MDVS can be operated through a momentary button on the dash which will parallel the batteries for a preset time of 10 minutes. Once this 10 minutes has passed, if the voltage is up high enough for the voltage sensitive switch to operate, it will stay engaged. If not, it will disengage.
- Engine run sensing: VSS will engage when the voltage on either the start or house battery reaches 13.7 volts. If the combined battery voltage drops below 13.0 volts and the engine is not running, after 5 seconds the contacts will open and stay open until the start or house battery voltage exceeds 13.7 volts. If the combined battery voltage drops below 12.2 volts and the engine is running, after 5 minutes the contacts will open and stay open until the start or house battery voltage exceeds 13.7 volts. If voltage drops below 13 volts and stays above12.2 volts on either start or house battery while engine is running, the VSS will stay engaged.
- Manual override option
- The advantage of using a high current VSS is that it will cover your dual battery charging requirements and emergency parallel operation in one unit.
- NEW Optical sensor benefits now available for the motor driven VSS, (720-MDVSO ONLY)
- Can be used to switch in positive or negative lines
- Low stand by current draw (7mA) (zero if aux control switch used, see instruction sheet)
- Main contacts isolated from control circuit allowing operation via another battery source
Dimensions & Specifications
- Length: 68mm
- Width: 68mm
- Height: 110mm
- Volts: 12/24V
- Rating: 500A
- Engages: 13.7V
- Disengages: 12.2-13V