KHL5 external hook
The KHL external look is installed by a lashing on the front face of the mast and is dedicated to headsails without furling, such as a genoa or staysail. We also offer this lock in association with our structural furlers to more easily manage the installation of the sails. Unlike the KFH external lock, the KHL does not incorporate swivel bearings.
A lock (internal or external) makes it possible to completely remove the tension in the halyard. The halyard no longer needs to be sized to hold the load, the halyard jammer is no longer useful, the lock removes the elasticity of the halyard which distorted the sail profiles. The mast compression decreases
– Compact and lightweight
– Easy to maintain / check
– Easy to use
– No additional hooking control. The halyard acts as a control
– Use of a small diameter halyard (weight savings & price)
– Range from 2T (30ft sailboat) to 50T (Super Yachts)
– Easy adaptation to defined specifications (custom)
– Discover all the advantages of hooks in our KarverPedia page dedicated to this subject.
– Our customers usually use the KHL for 3 applications :
o The hooking of an unstacked sail such as a solent on an IRC sailboat equipped with a single forestay
o To hook a reef line
o The majority of sails on the storer or structural furler are fixed to the swivel by a lashing. Coupled with a KFX interface, the KHL lock allows the sail to be hoisted / lowered without having to climb up the mast.
– The use of a lock involves the use of a hoist system on the bridge to take up the tension.
– Using a lock, a 12mm halyard can be replaced with a pure 6mm Dyneema. We recommend using a rigger to increase the diameter of the rope on the first few meters of the halyard for more comfort
– The KHL does not have an integrated swivel but it is always possible to connect one.
– Mark your halyard (whipping) to have a reference point and know when the mobile part of the hook will join the fixed part. The hooking will then be done within 5 centimeters.
– Well release the tension of the anti torsion for easy unhooking
Allen 16mm Micro Double High Tension Block The Allen high tension stainless steel block range...
Allen 16mm Micro Double High Tension Block & Becket The Allen high tension stainless steel...
Allen 16mm Micro Single High Tension Block The Allen high tension stainless steel block range...