These versatile soft shackles are an ideal light weight replacement for traditional heavy metal shackles or snap shackles. Thanks to their flexibility they naturally articulate better than fixed screw pin shackles and do not rattle when not under load. Simple to open and close without tools they are made from the highest quality single braid, polyurethane coated Uhmpe which is incredibly strong, lightweight, waterproof and very low stretch with outstanding abrasion resistance.
Available in diameters 3mm to 8mm with workloads from 360kg to 2,250kg. The standard single string versions have an opening pull cord for easy opening while the 3mm size is also available with an alternative double string body.
- Alternative to metal snap shackles for securing halyards & sheets.
- Attaching blocks to toerails or padeyes.
- Jib sheet clew attachment.
- Attaching snubber lines to anchor chain.
- Alternative to metal jib hanks, particularly if you have a Dyneema storm jib stay.
Specifications & Dimensions
- Proboat Dynasoft Shackles Single 3 - 6mm
- Proboat Dynasoft Shackles Single 4 - 8mm
- Proboat Dynasoft Shackles Single 5 - 10mm
- Proboat Dynasoft Shackles Single 6 - 12mm
- Proboat Dynasoft Shackles Single 8 - 16mm
- Proboat Dynasoft Shackles Double 2 x 3mm