The furling System for light boats - especially designed for boats from 5 to 7m,
the C260 model is a self contained halyard furling system.
It is cost-effective, easy to install on the existing forestay,
the C260 does not require any maintenance. The self-contained halyard system is for use on light sail boats, especially ones that are fractionally rigged. It is usually difficult to obtain a tight forestay, however the C260 with its self-contained
halyard helps to minimise forestay sag by reducing mast compression created by a combination of loads from the halyard and sail.
Ease of installation - the C260 does not require a specialised
attachment to the foresty stem head, it is simply attached to the
lower swage terminal of the forestay (eye and holes plates of turnbuckle).
For boats transported and stored on a trailer, the C260 can be
separated in two sections reducing the risk of damage while in transit.
Ease of use - the self contained halyard passes over a sheave box fitted
into the top of the extrusion and returns down to a sheave and cam cleat.
Once the sail is hoisted and tensioned, the remaining length of the halyard
is used as a furling line
Key Features & Techy Bits
- Range : Cruising
- Max Forestay Diameter : 5mm (13/64")
- Boat Length : From 5 to 7m (16ft-22ft)
- Extrusion Length : 2m (6.6")
- Extrusion Shape & Colour : Round and silver anodised
- Clevis Pin Diameter (mm) : N/A
- Feeder : No
- Luff Line Diameter : 6mm (15/64")
- Double Luff Grove : Yes
- Removable Drum : No
- Furling Line Diameter : 6mm (15/64")
- Drum Capacity : Diameter of the furling line : 6mm (15/64") 7.6m
Max LP : Diameter of the furling line : 6mm (15/64") 4m
- Max genoa area : 15 sqm
- Standard fitting : Closed to the deck
- Warranty : 10 year
- C260 System 6.5m
- C260 System 8.5m